Brandon Bicycle Accident Attorney
Need a lawyer for a bicycle accident case in Brandon?
The occurrence of bicycle accidents in Florida is sadly quite common. These
accidents are tragic due to the severe injuries that can follow. Bicyclists
do not have much protection aside from a helmet and this puts them at
risk of serious consequences in an accident. All too often bicycle accidents
are preventable but automobile drivers act negligently or get distracted.
While there are times that a bicyclist does something they should not
and end up in an accident, the majority of accidents are caused by a driver.
If you are a bicyclist that was injured on the road, contact Boohoff Law,
P.A. We are skilled
personal injury lawyers in Brandon, FL and can help you fight for compensation.
Causes of Collisions Involving Bicycles
There are countless scenarios that can result in a bicycle accident. Some
of the most common causes of collisions that we have seen include:
- A car or vehicle turning in front a bicyclist
- Automobile drivers failing to yield to bicyclists at an intersection
- A driver failing to stop at a stop sign
- Distracted drivers not paying attention when going past a bicyclist on the road
- A driver who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs
The majority of these collisions are caused by drivers who are inattentive
or distracted. It only takes a few seconds for something to go wrong and
if a driver is distracted by things other than the road, they could easily
cause an accident. If you are the victim of a bicycle accident, there
are specific steps to take to ensure that the negligent party is held
responsible for your financial, physical and emotional hardships.
What to do After a Bicycle Accident
It is a frightening experience to be involved in a collision with a car
when you are on a bicycle. The procedures after the accident are essential
to the compensation that you recover and the outcome of the case. Evidence
needs to be preserved in order to prove fault and the severity of your
injuries. Here are some of the steps to help you win your case and recover damages:
- Call the police and wait for them to arrive
- Give the police your version of the events for the accident report
- Take photos of your bike, the car, the scene and your injuries as evidence
- Collect the contact and driver information from the parties involved
- Obtain contact information from witnesses to the accident
- Make mental notes of the accident; what happened, where, when and any details
you can remember
- Receive medical attention and seek medical records as proof of your injuries
- Do not fix your bike or other property that suffered damage in the accident-
keep everything in the same state as after the accident
- Contact a skilled bicycle accident lawyer in Brandon, FL
Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
After a bicycle accident, you may be suffering from severe road rash, broken
or fractured bones, property damage and much more. You deserve to be compensated
for your injuries and suffering. With the help of the best personal injury
lawyer in Brandon you could fight to recover damages for your medical
costs, bicycle damage, bodily damages, pain and suffering, lost income,
ongoing care, loss of quality of life and any other hardships suffered.
While you are trying to heal and recover from the accident, team up with
an attorney who can handle the insurance companies and other aspects of
a lawsuit. Boohoff Law, P.A. can help you fight for compensation.
Call our Brandon bicycle accident lawyers right away to schedule your
free case evaluation!